Words to the "Grace Darling Song"
- 'Twas on the Longstone Lighthouse, there dwelt and English maid;
- Pure as the air around her, of danger ne'er afraid;
- One morning just at daybreak, a storm-tossed wreck she spied;
- And tho' to try seemed madness, "I'll save the crew!' she cried.
- And she pull'd away, o'er the rolling sea,
- Over the waters blue --
- 'Help! Help!' she could hear the cry of the shipwreck'd crew --
- But Grace had an English heart,
- And the raging storm she brav'd --
- She pull'd away, mid the dashing spray,
- And the crew she saved!
You can click on most images to see larger images or more information.
We wish to buy Stevengraphs. One at a time or collections. We also seek photos, brochures or any
item of related history.
- Malcolm J Roebuck,
- Copyright © 1999-2021 Stevengraphs Bookmarks & Postcards Etc.